Deliverable 2.1: Beekmann V., de Bakker E., Doerfel A., Overbeek G., Vale M. (2015): Database with information on existing bioeconomy products and processes.
Deliverable 2.2: Hasenheit M., Gerdes H., Kiresiewa, Z., Beekman, V. (2016): Summary report on the social, economic and environmental impacts of the bioeconomy.
Deliverable 2.3: Overbeek G., de Bakker E., Beekman V., Davies S., Kiresiewa Z., Delbrück S., Ribeiro B., Stoyanov M., Vale M. (2016): Review of bioeconomy strategies at regional and national levels.
Deliverable 2.4: de Bakker E., Ribeiro B., Millar K., Beekman V. (2016): Actors and network activities in the bioeconomy: Reflections on guidelines for participatory approaches.
Deliverable 3.1: Davies S., Griestop L., Vironen H., Bachtler J., Dozhdeva V., Michie R. (2016): Case studies of national bioeconomy strategies in Finland and Germany.
Deliverable 3.2: Charles, D., Davies, S., Miller, S., Clement, K., Overbeek, G., Hoes, A.-C., Hasenheit, M., Kiresiewa, Z., Kah, S., Bianchini, C. (2016): Case studies of regional bioeconomy strategies across Europe.
Deliverable 3.3: Davies, S., Ribeiro, B., et al. (2016): Good practice guidelines for stakeholder and citizen participation in bioeconomy strategies.
Deliverable 4.1: Janssen R., Kiresiewa Z., Gerdes H. (2016): Results of the BioSTEP stakeholder consultation.
Deliverable 5.1, MS 14: Video on the BioSTEP project
Deliverable 5.2: English language version: BioSTEP Brochure: Shaping the bioeconomy together.
Deliverable 5.2: Bulgarian language version of the BioSTEP Brochure
Deliverable 5.2: French language version of the BioSTEP Brochure
Deliverable 5.2: German language version of the BioSTEP Brochure
Deliverable 5.2: Italian language version of the BioSTEP Brochure
Deliverable 5.2: Spanish language version of the BioSTEP Brochure
Deliverable 5.4: Virtual exhibition "bioeconomy in everyday life"
Deliverable 6.1: Vale, M., Stoyanov, M. (2017): Regional bioeconomy profiles including socio-economic and environmental impacts: two case studies.
First BioSTEP Workshop in Utrecht
- Introduction (Gerdes & Kiresiewa)
- Thematic Discussion 1: Engagement in the Bioeconomy - Opportunities and Challenges (Millar & Ribeiro)
- Thematic Discussion 2: Sustainable Resource Management (Junginger)
- Thematic Discussion 3: Public Acceptance (Beekman)
- Thematic Discussion 4: Sustainability Assurance (Sébastian Haye)
- Introductory Presentation: The role of biomass for global climate change mitigation and the impact of using biomass for different energetic and material purposes (Daioglou)
- Introductory Presentation: The role of biomass for energy production and novel material purposes at EU & national level (Hoefnagels)
Second BioSTEP Workshop in Glasgow
- Meeting I: Whiskey production "Distilling the Biofuture" (Prof. Wolstenholme)
- Meeting II:Forestry "What are the prospects for innovative timber products; are conflicts of use emerging and could regional bioenergy strategies help to avoid these?" (Leitch & Matthews)
- Meeting III: Mariculture "Empowering Rural Industry" (Dr McKenzie)
Third BioSTEP Workshop in Graz
- Vortrag 1: Vorstellung des BioSTEP Projekts & Ziele des Workshops - Holger Gerdes & Zoritza Kiresiewa, Ecologic Institut
- Vortrag 2:Bioökonomiestrategien in Österreich: Status Quo - Elfriede Fuhrmann, Bundesministerium für Land- und Forstwirtschaft, Umwelt und Wasserwirtschaft
- Vortrag 3:Einblick "Dialogforen 2016" zur Bioökonomie-FTI-Strategie - Erika Ganglberger, Österreichische Gesellschaft für Umwelt und Technik (ÖGUT)
- Presentation Gerdes & Kiresiewa "Conference Introduction"
- Presentation Porsch & Davies "Challenges of building new networks"
- Presentation Paula "A Bioeconomy for Europe"
- Presentation Reinikainen "Effektive stakeholder and public participation in the development of a bioeconomy strategy"
- Presentation Lemmens "Increasing Public Awareness"
BioSTEP virtual exhibition
Bioeconomy is already part of our everyday life!
Dresses made from milk or coffee, car tyres from dandelion, sneaker soles from rice husks or armchairs that are tanned with extracts from olive leaves – sometimes you have to look twice to see which biobased technology is hidden inside. Have a look at the products section to learn about biobased products, the materials, technologies and procedures used and their sustainability effect.
Living Lab activities in Italy
- MS18: Proceedings of living lab activities in Italy_I
- MS19: Proceedings of living lab activities in Italy_II
Living Lab activities in Bulgaria
BioSTEP consortium (2017): BioSTEP Policy Paper - Creating Networks for the Transition to a Bio-based and Circular Economy.
BioSTEP consortium (2017): Guidelines for Practicioners - Stakeholder and Citizen Participation in Bioeconomy Strategies.
Exhibition brochure Padua (2017): La bioeconomia nella vita quotidiana
Exhibition brochure Brescia (2017): La bioeconomia nella vita quotidiana
Exhibition brochure Glasgow (2016): Bioeconomy in everyday life.
Ribeiro B.E., Millar K. (2015): Public engagement in the bioeconomy: outlining an analytical framework for BioSTEP.